Saturday, January 20, 2007

sometimes i wish i would never have to grow up, like peter pan. that way, i would still be a kid and leading a carefree, happy and simple life.

damn. i miss those days i spent in my old flat when i was still in primary school. though it was just a three-room flat, i still love it. life was simple and happy back then. every weekday morning, my parents would fetch me and my sis to my grandma house (which is just a block away) before they leave for work and my grandma would take care of us until my parents fetch us back home again, usually after 9 plus. ahhh. those afternoons we spent at my grandma house were nice. those stupid but fun games i played with my sis during our school vacations, the many plastic cooking toys we had, the dolls we used to play with, the lego sets we used to build, the coloring books, puzzle books and all those shiny stickers. hahahah. and on weekends, my parents would be at home, bickering about who to sweep and mop the floor while me and my sis would be lazing around and watching cartoons. and not forgetting those once in a while family outings to temples and shopping centres. and the best thing is on sundays, when my dad is in a super good mood, he would go to the nearby market to dabao spring chicken for us! hahaha. yay. those were the old days..

but now, i am 18 already, even though i felt like i am a 16. and in another two years' time, i will be 19 and graduating from singapore poly.. going to the university means another 3 to 5 eyars more of studying before i step into the society to work. by then, i would be around 23 years old. and if i took the other route - taking up a job after i graduate from poly, i would be probably working till i retired. omg. that sounds pretty old to me. no more fun, no more play, and a whole lot more of responsibilities. and unknowingly a few years later, it would means having a steady career, getting married, having a family and pop! i would be a 65 year old ahma taking care of her grandchildren already.

times flies super fast. 18 years has already passed. and if another 18 years pass, i would be 36 years old already. omg. 36!! too old for me. guess i must learn how to play and enjoy life more while i still have the youth and time and not wait till i am some old lady before i start doing the things i like to do. by then, i would probably be too tired to do those stuffs already. and these stuffs would gradually turn into regrets. -.-

enough of thinking. back to profit and loss appropriation account.

- spend each day meaningfully